Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mrs.

Mrs.

[mis-iz, miz-iz] plural Mmes. [mey-dahm, -dam]  
  1. a title of respect prefixed to the name of a married woman
When I think of Mrs. I always picture someone older than me who is very well put together and is essentially Wonder Woman. A married woman can do whatever needs to be done whether it be at her job, home, supermarket or outer space. Then I take a step back and it hits me all over again. I AM a Mrs. Wow, I am actually coming up on my second anniversary and everything I pictured growing up of a Mrs. is shattered because I certainly can't get everything done that needs to be done from here to the moon, and that's okay. 
I do what I can and what I can't I am blessed to have my wonderful husband help me with or my amazing group of friends. A married woman isn't necessarily Wonder Woman but a woman who does her best and gives her all for God, her husband and her children (if she has them) because when you say I Do, you are saying I sign myself over to dying to self and doing all I can for the sake of someone other than myself. 


Every little girl dreams of getting married to Prince Charming and married life being a bowl of chocolates(Chocolate is better than cherries. Period.), and that's not to say it is because at times there is no life quite like the bliss of being in love completely and enjoying the married life. When rough patches come though I feel like too many married women see that Happily Ever After fading into the darkness never to return and they get discouraged. Sometimes they even give up. Being a Mrs. wasn't what they had envisioned. 
It's not what happened to Cinderella at the end of the movie...
  
I'm so thankful for everything that has happened in my life. All of it, the good the bad and the ugly. Without it I wouldn't be who I am today and that really is the truth. I have seen the hard times marriage can bring even before I met the love of my life. I was able to go to college in New York while dating my handsome husband-to-be and while leaving him behind in Georgia was one of the hardest decisions I made it was definitely one of the best. My teacher up there(Pastor Tony!!) would be in the middle of teaching on a verse and would just start trailing off about marriage randomly! I learned so much from these random marriage rabbit trails that had I not trusted God to pull me half way across the United states to go to this college, life would not be as wonderful as it is now because I would be without all the knowledge that I learned up there. I didn't know it then, but it's all clear to me now God makes a way to prepare us for our future when we don't even know what our future is if we trust in Him to lead the way.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're a Mrs. you know the highest ups and lowest downs of being a married woman and if you don't know them yet, (I know I don't!) then you will. 
When the highest ups come, get on your knees and thank God for the man He blessed you with.
When the lowest downs come, get on your knees and thank God for the man He blessed you with.
Never forget you said I do and God was watching you commit your all to this one man! Trials in marriage come but with God you CAN be that Wonder Woman and you CAN overcome them and you WILL love the love of your life even more after it's passed.
I can't picture myself with any other man than the one I said I do to.
If you're not a Mrs. yet, hold out for the Mr. God has picked for you it is so, so worth it.
If you're a Mr., love your Mrs. in the highest ups and the lowest downs.
If you're not a Mr. yet, hold out for the Mrs. God has hand picked for you. She's worth it.
If you don't believe in God then you've probably not liked anything I've posted so far because well, God is apart of my life and He's not going anywhere. Amen.
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; 
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! 
Praise God the Father who’s the source;
Praise God the Son who is the course;
Praise God the Spirit who’s the flow;
Praise God, our portion here below!
and Amen.
Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment