Monday, May 27, 2013

Baby

^ My  Baby!

ba·by

[bey-bee], plural ba·bies, adjective, verb, ba·bied, ba·by·ing.

1. an infant or very young child.
2. a newborn or very young animal.
3. the youngest member of a family, group, etc.
4. a human fetus.

I'm so excited to finally be able to post about all I've been feeling since I took that first home pregnancy test and saw the + sign. I'm not sure I've ever felt so many emotions at once. Excitement, anticipation, joy, happiness, anxiety, fear, wonder, hope but most of all was love. The overwhelming love I had for this microscopic baby inside of me was more than I had ever felt. I have always loved children and can only imagine how much I will feel for my own when it arrives.

After talking it over with the love of my life, we decided to only tell our families the news until my first appointment. They were sworn to secrecy and I know most of them struggled not to tell everyone! After 8 weeks of keeping it in, and thinking my appointment was never going to come, I finally got to see my baby via ultrasound. That moment is hard to forget. The baby was no more than an ounce and the size of a medium shrimp and was wiggling around despite me not feeling any of it. Then came the heartbeat. A heartbeat! It was so steady and strong. All I could do was whisper "That's MY baby!" 

Pride couldn't help but swell up inside of me. That God would let me carry this little child for Him, that He trusts me to raise it for His Names' sake. To love, hold, discipline, guide and nourish. I can only pray that with an open ear and heart skyward I will allow God's hand to guide me as my hand guide's this little one. 

Pregnancy has been relatively smooth. I had the nausea, exhaustion, and headaches but no vomiting(Thank the Lord!) So food is still enjoyable for me, though at night I still get nauseous with "Morning" sickness, it is bearable and just means it's bedtime. Sleep has it's ups and downs, sometimes I only wake up a few times a night and others I'm tossing and turning. My stomach is finally starting to show at 14 1/2 weeks and I can't wait for my appointment next month to find out if we're having a cute little girl or a handsome little boy! My excitement and anticipation is definitely growing.

Thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes so far, the love of my life and I can't wait to welcome this little one to the world and I can't wait to document twinkles in time of the 3 of us (and my furbaby Collar!) as we all learn what it means to raise a baby.

Thanks for reading! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment