Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Twinkle

twin·kle


[twing-kuhl]  verb, twin·kled, twin·kling, noun
1. a flickering or intermittent brightness or light.
2. a scintillating brightness in the eyes; sparkle. 
3. the time required for a wink; twinkling.


I love the word Twinkle. Not only is it fun to say but there are many meanings behind it. I love the way the stars twinkle at night. I love the way a persons eyes twinkle when they smile. Most of all though, I love the third definition of Twinkle. The time required for a wink; twinkling. 

When you think about the time required to wink, it's only a few seconds. Life is so short we are nothing more than a twinkle in time. At times it seems as though the day is never long enough or that the sun will never set because this is the longest day of all time. This is when I love to remember the word twinkle. No matter how fast or slow life is passing me by I can stop and take a step back and look at my wonderful life and thank God I am so very blessed when I don't deserve a thing. I am here for such a time as this and such a short time it is! 
Don't let life overwhelm you, you might miss the beauty that is all around.  Hold on to those precious twinkles in time that you see, because once a moment has passed you'll never get it back.

One reason I love photography and writing is they capture moments that you only see once. When you take a picture it's impossible to take an identical picture because the world keeps spinning and time keeps passing. The same is true when you write a moment down, you have something to look back on and remember.
I decided to start this blog so I can be motivated to share photos and write twinkles in time to all who care to read, and I hope they spread some bit of happiness to someone's life as they will have mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment