Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Friends


 friend

[frend] noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile
 
Friends are like an ice cream shop. They are the best thing in the world. Period, haha.
Today I got to spend a few hours with my awesome friend Eleanora. We haven't known each other very long, but that doesn't matter because we have a lot of things in common and she's just a blessing to have in my life right now as are all of my friends here in Oklahoma. We got to run some errands (yay!) and grab some excellent grub (More yay!). I got to try a new restaurant called Cheddar's and it was fabulous! While we only got to spend a few hours together today they were so nice because it got me out of the house and I got to enjoy time with a good friend. I was even able to snap a photo of her handsome son Ryan. He is so photogenic!



It's hard to explain the abounding joys that come with being a military wife, and the same goes for the hard times. It was not easy leaving everyone and everything I knew in Georgia to come to a place I had never been and to a place I had no friends or family. All of my friends, a lot of them like family to me and all my family I left behind because I understood the calling on my life. To follow my husband wherever he was to go in this crazy military life because I love my husband more than I could ever express in words. 
God has been my rock in the ups and downs so far, but so have all of the wonderful friends I've made here as well. I can't wait to meet more amazing people as we get to travel and experience life to the fullest. I know the friends I make now are ones I will stay in contact with for the rest of my life because, well, they are just that awesome. I am so blessed. (:
 

1 comment: